Last Updated: 8 September 2017
BICS understands your need for online privacy and knows that privacy is also an important issue for you. That is why we do everything possible to respect your privacy when you use our website.
Before you submit any information on or through the BICS Site, please carefully review this policy. By using any part of the BICS Site, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and sharing of your information as further outlined below in this policy.
You can visit the BICS Site without having to provide any personal data. However, access to certain parts or functions of our Site may be limited to visitors with an account to access MyBICS, subject to the correct password and login being entered.
Which data do we collect?
· Connection data
We register information about the connection you make to our BICS Site and the software and devices you use to accomplish this. This information includes your IP address, the time of your visit on the website, the type of browser and the type and brand of equipment you use and the pages you visit.
· Personal data
On some places on the BICS Site, you can fill in a web form to share your data with us directly. We collect the information you provide in response to those web forms. Occasionally, we may also offer opportunities for you to share your data with us such as through a survey, to sign up for a newsletter, or to register for or receive details about an event we are sponsoring. If you participate in those surveys, sign up for a newsletter, or register for an event, we will collect the information you provide to us in doing so.
How do we use the data we collect?
Connection data are used to create statistics and improve the quality of our Site and service through analyses of your surfing behavior on our Site. This information may also be used to tailor our offer or the information on the Site to any needs you may have.
If you visit our Site, we can use your surfing behavior thereon to offer you a more personalized offering of services and products which meet your specific needs more closely. We may use third-party services (“third-party analytics” services, such as but not limited to, Google Analytics) on our websites to monitor, analyze and report on the use visitors make of our Site. Third parties that deliver such services to BICS can to this end collect anonymous data on your use of our Site, including your behavior on our Site. Such data enable us to track down where there may be errors in our websites and to determine how we can improve your user experience on our Site.
We use data you provide us directly to formulate a response to your inquiry and know how to get back to you with our response. Similarly, if you provide us information directly in response to a survey or when signing up for an event, we will use the data you provide for the reason that you provided it to us and for other purposes that we tell you about at the time when you provided that data
BICS may send you e-mails in order to keep you informed about its existing and new products and services, unless you have exercised your right to object. BICS uses tools to measure and follow up the impact of these e-mails: has the e-mail been opened or not, has the hyperlink been clicked on or not, etc. These tools are used to increase the efficiency of BICS’ e-mail campaigns and to better adapt BICS’ offer to your personal needs.
If you do not wish to receive any information about our products and services, or if you have a specific preference for the communication channels we use to inform you, please refer to the “Your wish for privacy” section to find out how to opt out of this.
The personal data that we collect via our Site is stored in files held by BICS SA under Belgian Law (rue Lebeau, 4, 1000 Brussels, Belgium).
In accordance with the law, all processing of your personal data has been notified to the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
Protection of Personal Data
We have taken technical and organizational measures to protect the databases in which your data is kept against unauthorized access, unauthorized use, theft or loss. Our security measures are regularly evaluated and adapted so that we can continue to provide a high level of protection. Please note, though, that no website or internet transmission is completely secure, so while we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or a data breach will never occur.
Who we may share your data with
Unless you give us your permission, we don’t share data we collect from you through the Site with third parties, except as described below:
- Third-party service providers or consultants. We may share data collected from you on the BICS Site with third-party service providers or consultants who need access to the data to perform their work on BICS’ behalf, such as a website analytics company or our third party advertising partners. These third party service providers are limited to only accessing or using this data to provide services to us and must provide reasonable assurances that they will appropriately safeguard the data.
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your data to a third party if (i) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), (ii) to enforce our agreements and policies, (iii) to protect the security or integrity of the BICS Site or our services and products, (iv) to protect ourselves, our other customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (v) to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose data to assist in preventing a death or serious bodily injury. If BICS is required by law to disclose any of your data that directly identifies you, then we will use reasonable efforts to provide you with notice of that disclosure requirement, unless we are prohibited from doing so by statute or court or administrative order. Further, we object to requests that we do not believe were issued properly.
- BICS group of companies. We may share data collected from you from the BICS Site with companies within our group. We all will only use the data as described in this policy.
- Business transfers. If we go through a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, data we gather from you through our website may be part of the assets transferred or shared in connection with due diligence for any such transaction. Any acquirer or successor of BICS may continue to use the data we collect from you through our Site as described in this policy.
- Aggregated or de-identified data. We might also share data collected from you from the BICS Site with a third party if that data has been de-identified or aggregated in a way that does not directly identify you.
We do not share your data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, unless you give us your consent to do so.
Your wish for privacy
You can read below how you can inform BICS of your preferences with regard to your privacy. We do our best to update our systems and databases to the extent technically feasible and as quickly as possible, but bear in mind that it nevertheless takes some time to implement your choice in practice.
If you are not a customer of BICS: see ‘How to contact us’ section.
Your right of inspection and correction
You have the right to inspect and, if necessary, correct your personal data. To do so, send a request (dated and signed) to the BICS Data Protection Officer (rue Lebeau 4, 1000 Brussels, Belgium or to firstname.lastname@example.org).
How you contact us
You may contact via email at email@example.com or, you may write to us at the address listed below:
BICS SA, Rue Lebeau 4, 1000 Brussels, Belgium or to firstname.lastname@example.org